Did Freedom Channel Spotlight get canned?

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Anybody have any ideas for freedom based show that promotes
channels on a dynamic scale?
I actually pointed out to George that Freedom! needs to become more personal most specifically the George Show. I suggested to him that he should make a video series highlighting the struggle of the little guy on their way to the top as well as people that are already there talking about what it took to get there. I'm not talking about the generic stuff we've all heard before either like "duh, you gotta have engaging titles" or "duh, you gotta use social media", ugh everybody knows this stuff in and out. I told George that the George show has been filled with too many things like stats, updates, and tips instead of information that is more relatable. Essentially the George show needs to be more about boosting morale and providing "real world" and practical tips to the people. The nitty gritty of it all. Not the generic stuff that all of us have heard a million times before. I suggested to him to create a video series highlighting different Youtubers and to tell their stories and the implementation of the new dashboard feature is the first step. The overall goal is that people here really do feel like part of a family and not just a number. That way we will all form much stronger bonds with each other and be more willing and ready to actually offer personalized help to each other no matter your channel size.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
No actually, yours is truly insightful especially the emoji at the end. That practically lifted me off my seat with inspiration. No but seriously as an ex-partner what are your suggestions for "cleaning" up the Freedom landscape?
I don't think it will be possible unless Freedom starts screening individual partners. Right now it seems they just let anyone in without even communicating with them or asking for a short letter of application.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I think everyone should be let in, but it should be a good processing in doing so. Problem is you're getting channels who don't try to do anything, yet expect subs everywhere. We need to know the people who are joining are going to be giving just as much as you are.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I don't think it will be possible unless Freedom starts screening individual partners. Right now it seems they just let anyone in without even communicating with them or asking for a short letter of application.

Problem is that I think that's the market that Freedom is going for.... Although the new channels will lose them money to start with there is a chance that they will grow and earn money. There aren't really any other networks that will do that. I think there does need to be more quality subnetworks in Freedom though, the revenue share for the larger Youtubers are just as good as the other top networks but a lot of larger channels just don't want to be involved.

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
If feel Zesty Mike was doing a perfect job telling people how to improve their channel.
I was reviewed by him and it changed my way of looking at my own videos.
My videos got better and my channel started growing. So it is sad to see his show go.

Got a spotlight by the Baldy brother too, but this wasn't nearly as satisfying even though my channel was way smaller.

For me the BB don't really add that much to growing your channel. Most views are generated by people checking if they are in the spotlight.
I feel they are really repetitive, once you see one episode you kinda have seen all.
Their spotlights are completely random, everything looks unprepared, they just pick a random video. If you are out of luck and they pick one of the bad videos their spotlight could even do you more harm than good.

IDEA:
If freedom is really about growing channels they really should give more attention to the channels. Review them of try and get their own members involved. Like make a channel feedback forum. Where members can give constructive feedback on people channels. Or maybe even make a videoreview of the channel and ask other people to leave their review in the comments. This will help the reviewed channel to get multiple opinions on their channel and videos and people who like the channel might even subscribe. The person doing the video review might even get some pointers on what viewers are looking for by reading through the comments. So it is really a win-win-situation.

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
So no more Baldy brothers?
If not, then I hope things are changing for the better, and they are used more.
I've been noticing a LOT of George lol, which is really good. But I miss the phrase, "Never, never....Give Up!"
I love that lol

akirby80

Games and Stuff!
Apr 8, 2014
Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
akirby80

LustraGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 4, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
So no more Baldy brothers?

They will be back, but even though I have been spotlighted by them I didn't feel special at all. I actually asked to get a spotlight the day after I got one, I missed the episode, and view numbers didn't go up all of a sudden.
When you do 3 shoutouts every day they lose a lot of power. It means quality doesn't matter and you don't wanna subscribe 21 other channels every week.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
So freedom channel has become the George show. That is the worst thing they could have done, yes the other shows don't get as much views but variety matters.

Flyination

Rising User
Sep 19, 2015
YouTube
If they created a video named

'Freedom points are finally out of Beta! - The george show'

Then I'm sure everyone will be satisfied :p

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
They will be back, but even though I have been spotlighted by them I didn't feel special at all. I actually asked to get a spotlight the day after I got one, I missed the episode, and view numbers didn't go up all of a sudden.
When you do 3 shoutouts every day they lose a lot of power. It means quality doesn't matter and you don't wanna subscribe 21 other channels every week.

You have a point. My thing is, they need to incorporate the FCS and Impulse as one show, with 3 to 4 new hosts. That'll be good. But instead of highlighting 3 channels. Just focus on one that is actually uploading content. I've noticed sometimes that the Baldy Bros. spotlight channels that upload like once a month, if not ever. Maybe 3 episodes out of all of what they had done, to my knowledge.

George is doing something good by having us see more of him. But I don't like the "create your own game" path he's heading down lol. I need to know how to best make use of my Freedom partnership. Like, I still get a message saying I am missing out on potential earnings. I've contacted support, and they said it was a glitch and to ignore it. But things like that, George NEEDS to remedy with a call to action in videos.
Can't wait to see where Freedom is headed as a channel.

One more thing, with the FCS. They literally subscribed to almost EVERYONE lol. I know that it must be a pain to have all of these notifications from different people for Freedom staff to view in YouTube, if they view the new uploads of channels the Baldy's subscribed to at all.